The Laker™ Flat Panel Display (FPD) solution is the leading technology in flat panel display design and layout. With built-in functions custom-tailored for flat panel layout, Laker FPD enables FPD designers to create, edit and verify the flat panel design from reticle plan and circuit design to panel layout in a single high-performance environment.
- Reduce total design cycle time by reticle and panel co-design
- Reticle cost optimization based on automatic mask and shot planning
- Schematic-driven flow with reference FPD device PDK
- Correct-by-construction panel layout creation
- High quality of results from specialized FPD routing automation
- Tight integration with signoff physical verification
Reticle and Panel Co-Design
- Comprehensive flow covers pre-layout mask and shot planning along with panel outline, post-layout exposure simulation, analysis and job file generation.
- The panel outline size is estimated and verified along with rapid panel prototype by AA-IC-FPC place-and-route automation
The schematic-driven layout (SDL) flow in Laker FPD helps create an optimized layout that is DRC/LVS-correct in less time — without sacrificing layout area. Both netlist and schematic views are included with the Laker layout editor for an intuitive SDL working environment, which includes:
- Schematic view and design browser
- Advanced layout editor, including rule-driven layout, flight-line guidance and short detection
- Realize, place, route, and edit a physical layout that is DRC- and LVS-correct
Figure 1: Laker FPD schematic-driven flow with reference device PDK
Unique Routing Automation
- Advanced Equal Resistance Route (AERR), Gateway Model Realizer (GMR) and Ladder Route make fan-in and fan-out connections quickly and accurately following user-defined patterns and parameters
- In-route integration of metal slit, cut corner enables one-pass routing with predictable resistance control
Figure 2: Advanced Equal Resistance Route with width adjustment and cut corner
Figure 3: Resistance report of Gateway Model Realizer with metal slit
- Resistance measurement reports routing path resistance of automated and manual routes for immediate feedback of resistance values
- Built-in rule-driven DRC, LVL and ERC features support interactive editing
- Tight integration with signoff physical verification tools such as IC Validator to browse and fix design rule and LVS violations
For more information about Synopsys products, support services or training, visit us on the web at: www.synopsys.com, contact your local sales representative or call 650.584.5000.