Seismos CX analyzes the electrical performance variation due to systematic lithographic effects. Sub-wavelength lithographic proximity effect can manifest itself as a variation in the shape of poly gate and the diffusion region, which in turn causes variation in effective L and W of the transistor. Traditional SPICE models can include this effect but they are generally limited to single devices with no layout context dependency. Seismos CX incorporates this layout dependency at the instance level.
- A tool for circuit designers
- Initially targeted towards standard cell/block designers
- Analyzes the electrical performance variation due to systematic lithographic effects
- Processes lithographic contours to generate back-annotated SPICE netlists
- Uses contours from external litho simulation – no OPC/manufacturing knowledge required for the circuit designer
- Integrates easily with existing design flows